Do you have strategic alignment such that your employees are on the same page,
moving in the same direction,
toward the same common goals?
Engage Employees in the Strategic Planning Process
What I love about a well-done strategic planning process is that it accomplishes collaboration and cooperation throughout your organization.
Having everyone participate in the process naturally creates enthusiastic buy-in and support all the way from the top tier of the organization to the frontline.
Create Strategic Alignment
The Strategic Alignment Model above shows what’s possible with respect to involving more and more people in the process as it unfolds. It is a natural, cascading effect—similar to water flowing down terraces in a mountain stream. Here are the steps:
- In the beginning, the C-SUITE LEADERS of the organization define and agree upon the CORE PURPOSE of the enterprise.
- Then, MIDDLE MANAGEMENT becomes actively engaged with the top leaders in creating the relevant VALUES, MISSION, VISION, GOALS, and STRATEGIES, with further input and constructive review from other frontline leaders.
- Next, the top leaders and middle-management engage FRONTLINE LEADERS in establishing the TACTICS and BEGINNING THE ACTION PLANS.
- Then, the frontline leaders engage their STAFF such that every employee is empowered to give detailed input to complete the ACTION PLANS.
- And finally, departments and their INDIVIDUAL WORKERS establish personal goals and tasks which can now be tailored to accomplish some element of the overall strategic plan as part of each participant’s INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (IDP).
Gain Enthusiastic Support and Buy-in
By the end of the process, your organization will be crackling with energy. Everyone will be involved. You and your employees will feel energized.
By involving everyone in the process, you will naturally earn your employees’ enthusiastic support and buy-in because they will realize that they are an integral part of creating your new direction.
It will not be just your plan. It will be everyone’s plan.
Everyone will have a vested interest in the success of the organization. That’s what true ownership is.
Much success and fulfillment,
If you enjoyed this article, I think you’ll also enjoy these articles too:
- The Power of Purpose
- Creating a Culture with Core Values
- Generate Mission-Centered Enthusiasm
- Expand Your Power and Influence with Vision.
- Focus Your Attention on What Matters Most
- Reduce Stress of Goal Setting
- Goals Energize Our Lives
Also, check out my FREE online class will shine more of a light on Goal Setting and other elements of strategic planning…
I am happy to talk if you have questions or want assistance with strategic planning. Click this link to schedule a free 30-minute energizer Zoom call.