Branding and marketing matters for how your customers view you and your business. How long has it been since you took a fresh look at your business presence?
I was meeting with a marketing friend, named Bill, the end of last year. He looked at some of my branding and marketing materials and asked when they were created. “Some of it is over 10 years old,” I said. “They look it,” he said. Ouch!
That began our refreshment adventure. Nine months later (about the same time to birth a baby) we have created a new branding look, updated copy, website, and marketing materials. It was an enlightening, clarifying process that helped me to better understand the value we offer to our customers. Well worth the investment of time and money.
Here’s the process Bill guided me through:
- Identify our target market and core services that we provide
- Write streamlined copy to define those services clearly and concisely, asking “So what?” from the customer’s perspective for every line of copy
- Establish a new branding look that energetically matches our business (i.e., color palate, fonts, symbolism)
- Create our new bold and modern logo
- Develop marketing 1-sheets with the new branding look and copy
- Design a new modern website that encompasses it all
- Update our social media sites with a similar matching look
How long has it been since you have refreshed your business?
It might be time.
Much success and fulfillment,